Centre for Research on Gender Equality
Centre for Research on Gender Equality (CORE) conducts research on gender equality, with particular emphasis on working life. The research centre aims to produce research of both high academic quality, and social and political relevance. Research dissemination and development of professional networks are also priorities for Centre for Research on Gender Equality.
Mari Teigen is Research Director at CORE.
For more information in English please visit the webpage of Institute for Social Research or contact CORE.
CORE conducts research within three main fields:
- Education and labour market
- Family- and working life
- Internationalisation, public opinion and policy
This includes topics such as:
- Gender balance in boardrooms
- Parental leave and the father’s quota
- Women and men’s income and pension
- Women and men’s educational trajectories and careers
- Work-family reconciliation
- Full-time vs. part-time work
- The effects of public policy on family, work and gender equality
- The impact of international trends on gender equality questions in Norway
- Public opinion and attitudes concerning gender equality
CORE is funded by the Minstry of Children, Equality and Social Inclusion.
Affiliated researchers at CORE: